March 10, 2022
Artichoke soup is paleo, keto, vegan friendly and super nutritious. It´s creamy thanks to the cashew milk made in the NutraMilk and the combination of flavors will surely surprise you. Give it a try!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ of a large white onion, big dice
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup potatoes (diced) or sub cauliflower, or more artichoke hearts
- 1 x 12-ounce bag frozen artichoke hearts (or sub fresh or canned hearts)
- 1 1/2 cups veggie broth
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 sage leaves or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- a squeeze of lemon, to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sour cream or coconut cream
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew Milk ( I used some previously made frozen cashew milk)
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil, over medium-high heat in a medium pot, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and lower heat to medium. Cook garlic until fragrant, 2-3 more minutes. Add celery, sauté 1 minute. Add cauliflower or potatoes, artichoke hearts, broth, cashew milk, salt and sage (or thyme). Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer until cauliflower or potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup to the NutraMilk and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place back in the pot over very low heat. Add a little squeeze of lemon, and swirl in sour cream or coconut cream if using.
- Taste, and adjust salt. Season with pepper.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feasting at Home.