Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Check out this fun healthy snack idea packed with nutrition-perfect for Halloween or anytime of the year! They are super easy to put together and a fun activity for kids to do!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that homemade peanut butter offers, here.
- 3 green apples
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2–3 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 package of candy eyes or use anything that looks like eyes (I used white chocolate chips and painted with some dark melted chocolate)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Check consistency. For this recipe you sent want a very creamy peanut butter that is runny otherwise it will drip and not stick. If needed process a little longer but don't over do it.
- Quarter the green apples and slice off the core and seeds. Carefully cut out a v-shape into the center of the apple quarter to create the mouth of the monster. Repeat with all the apple pieces.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter into the monster mouths. Repeat with all apple slices.
- Press several pumpkin or sunflower seeds onto the top of the mouth along the edge to form teeth. Repeat with all apple slices.
- Place a triangular piece of the sliced strawberry into each monster mouth.
- Using the remaining peanut butter, spread a small amount onto the back of the candy eyes and place them on top the the apple slices.
- Serve immediately!