September 18, 2019
Chocolate Protein Bars
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
These chocolate protein bars are a copycat version of the popular RXBars. They are packed with protein and are also a source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, and magnesium. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free plus paleo and whole 30 friendly. They make a great post-workout snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup egg white protein powder
- 2 cups dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. large grain salt
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds and cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes until nuts are finely ground.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add egg white powder, dates and cacao powder.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes until a mixture blends together like cookie dough. Add 1 tbsp. at a time of water (if needed) to achieve a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Transfer mixture in prepared pan and with a spatula press down firmly to flatten and compact tightly. Sprinkle with large grain salt and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares or rectangles depending on your preference. Keep refrigerated for best texture.