Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Australian Macadamias.
This is the best popcorn I have ever had! I love this recipe idea from Australian Macadamias. It´s perfect for your next gathering- keep recipe handy as your guests will surely be asking you for it.
Macadamias have a rich buttery flavor and when combined with chili, lime and a little sweetness- this popcorn recipe is mouthwatering.
Check out all the health-promoting nutrients that macadamias contain, here.
- ½ cup macadamia nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2½ tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- ½ tsp. salt flakes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups plain popcorn (store bought or home popped)
For macadamia nut butter
- 2 cups (270g) raw macadamia nuts
- Start by making fresh macadamia nut butter with the NutraMilk:
- Place macadamia nuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional minute for a creamier butter.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients except for popcorn until well combined.
- Stir in popcorn gently and coat evenly as much as possible.
- Spread onto the lined tray, spreading it out as much as possible, and bake for about m 8 minutes until it turns slightly golden.
- Allow to cool until the coating is crisp. Serve when cool or store in an airtight container.