Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini
Smoothie freezer packs are a great way to get into meal prepping. You´ll love to have these ready anytime you need a quick breakfast or snack. You can choose different fruits and combination of ingredients for variety of flavors and nutrients to mak a tropical smoothie pack, a berry smoothie, green smoothie, chocolate coconut and so on. You´ll want to make sure you have some greens/ veggies in all your smoothies and they are not just pure fruits as that they will be very high in sugar and will not keep you satisfied long. You´ll want healthy fats in your smoothies from homemade plant-milks, avocado or nut butters, feel free to add any nutritional powders and fiber from fruits/veggies, chia, flax etc.
Here is a basic recipe to start with:
- 1/2-1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup organic sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup organic berries of choice or other citric fruit such as kiwi, orange
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 cup of plant-based milk made with the Nutramilk
- Start by making your plant-based milk with the NutraMilk which you can keep in your fridge all week for your smoothies. I like to batch cook-make several different milks and freeze them in ice cube trays so I can portion them out when I need them.
- Slice fruits that need to be cut, place other fruits, spinach and any other ingredients in different bowls and plates so you have all ingredients organized to assemble.
- Add 1 serving of each smoothie ingredient to a zip lock bag. It´s useful to write the date of preparation on bag as well as the name of smoothie if your making different flavors.
- Freeze to have on hand when ever you want.
- When ready to use. Toss ingredients of one freezer pack into the NutraMilk along with milk and any additions such as nut/seed butter, chia, etc. and process. Enjoy!