September 13, 2019
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This creamy satiating smoothie with a few simple ingredients is just what you need after a workout to help hydrate, replenish lost nutrients and recuperate muscles.
The banana and blueberries offer simple carbohydrates that help restore energy and glycogen reserves. The avocado makes this smoothie extra creamy and delicious plus adds healthy fats that will help satiate you. Almond milk and almond butter offer protein, healthy fats and much more. The combination is a well-balanced and nutritious option for a post work out snack - filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Enjoy!
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 frozen ripe banana, cut into pieces
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp. almond butter (optional) made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Add all smoothie ingredients to the NutraMilk container and press Mix until a smooth consistency is reached. Enjoy!