July 23, 2020
Green Smoothie Bowl with Creamy Pumpkin Seed Milk
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
If you haven’t tried pumpkin seed milk yet- you definitely want to give it a try. It has a thick, creamy consistency and a subtle nutty flavor. Then customize it to your liking by adding sweetener, vanilla, chocolate and /or other ingredients. Pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses and therefore a healthy addition to any diet. Here is just one delicious way to use it by making a green smoothie bowl!
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seed milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups green spinach
- 1/2 avocado (ripe)
- 1 ripe banana peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup mango, chopped and frozen
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- Coconut flakes
- Pumpkin seeds
- Kiwi, sliced
- Nut butter of choice made with the NutraMilk
For pumpkin seed milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (90 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making pumpkin seed milk
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Add all smoothie ingredients to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour out smoothie into a bowl and decorate with toppings of choice. Enjoy!