September 23, 2021
Coffee & Black Mission Fig Milkshake
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Brooklyn Supper.
A sweet and creamy fig milkshake with a caffeine kick. Great to add to your breakfast or for an afternoon energy boost. Made with homemade nourishing almond milk using the NutraMilk & a delicious homemade fig syrup. Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of homemade almond milk, here.
- 1 cup cold-brewed black coffee of choice
- 10 large fresh figs, stems removed
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 4 tbsp. fig simple syrup
Dried Fig Simple Syrup
- 1 cup dried black Mission or Turkish figs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- unsweetened whipped cream (coconut vegan option if appropriate) or ice cream (optional)
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir in sugar, and when dissolved, add dried figs. Remove from heat just as mixture begins to boil. Set aside to steep for 30 minutes, then strain into a clean jar and chill, reserving the plumped figs for another use.
- Set out two tall glasses. If desired, press sliced figs into the sides of the glasses for visual effect.
- To make milkshakes, combine cold-brewed coffee and fresh figs in the NutraMilk. Process until mixture is smooth, but still has a few flecks of fig. Add ice cream, milk, fig simple syrup and blend just until combined and creamy.
- Pour milkshakes into glasses and garnish with whipped cream or ice cream. Serve immediately.