March 13, 2020
Blue Smoothie Bowl
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For smoothie bowl
- 1 tsp. - 1 tbsp. butterfly pea powder or blue spirulina or any natural food coloring*
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen Banana
- 1/4 cup any plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- cacao nibs or chopped chocolate
- shredded coconut
- peanut butter or any nut butter made with the NutraMilk
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
*Use desired quantity of food coloring depending on if you want a lighter color or a darker color. For the lighter smoothie bowl I used 1 tsp and the darker we used 1 tbsp. of butterfly pea powder from Suncore Foods.
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Set aside desired amount for topping (recommended 1-2 tbsp.) and store the rest for later use.
- Add all ingredients for smoothie bowl to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until all creamy and smooth.
- Add any toppings you desired and Enjoy!