June 26, 2019
Vegan Caesar Salad
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For Caesar dressing
- 1/3 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 4 tbsp. water or more depending on desired consistency
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp garlic crushed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 large slices of bread slightly stale bread-rustic loaf works best
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
*Don´t serve with croutons if you are on a paleo, keto, whole 30 or gluten-free diet.
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup of cashew butter and take out the rest to store for later use.
- Add water, oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and capers to the NutraMilk and process until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add a little more water, sparingly, to make it a thick drizzling consistency. Season with the salt and pepper.
- For croutons: tear the bread into bite-sized pieces, then toss in a bowl with the olive oil and herbs to coat. Place on a baking sheet in the oven (350F) until golden brown and crispy (about 15-20 min).
- To serve: Arrange lettuce on plate. Top with croutons, sprinkle nutritional yeast if you´d like and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!