Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Deliciously Ella.
Serves 4 as a side dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (any variety), peeled and cut into small cubes
- half red cabbage (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tsp. ground cumin
- handful parsley, chopped
- 45 g dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of black sesame seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. simple peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- juice of ½ lemon
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large baking tray and drizzle olive oil, add the spices and some salt and pepper. Mix well so everything gets coated. Bake in the oven for about 40-50 minutes, until they are really soft.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking make peanut butter with the NutraMilk.
- Making peanut butter
- Place peanuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set 2 Tbsp. aside for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients until smooth.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, place them in serving bowl, along with parsley, dates, and dressing. Toss and serve!