May 29, 2019
Savory Asian Slaw with Sunflower Seed Butter Dressing
By Alison Marras, Food by Mars
JAZZ up your coleslaw with this Asian-inspired Sunflower Seed Slaw! So much flavor and color, this is a perfect side for the holiday weekend. (ad) @thenutramilk
Sunflower Seed Butter:
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced or rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- sea salt to taste
- 1 12oz. package of coleslaw (cabbage, carrots)
- 1-2 radishes (I used watermelon radish), julienned
- sesame seeds or gomasio to top (optional)
1. Add seeds to @thenutramilk with salt and press "butter" for 15 minutes.
2. Once ready, add 3-4 Tbsp of the butter to a mixing bowl with sauce ingredients and whisk well. Taste and adjust seasonings as you like.
3. Pour dressing all over prepared slaw, tossing to coat everything well. Add garnishes as you desire.