Recipe & photos by Florencia Tagliavini, the NutraMilk nutritionist.
Jazz up your roasted veggies with this delicious creamy pecan sauce. Why eat veggies? They are rich in disease-fighting compounds and very important micronutrients that are key to good health. This sauce will make veggies hard to resist and even more nutrient dense thanks to pecans which are the most antioxidant-rich nut. Enjoy!
For roasted veggies
- 1 pound of veggies of your choice (I used carrots, zucchini and broccoli)
- olive oil to drizzle
For pecan butter & milk
- 2 cups (220g) pecans
- 5 quarts water (1.4L)
For pecan sauce
- 2 tbsps. olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
- 2 cups pecan milk or any other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsps. pecan butter
- 2 tbsps. of parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- handful pecans, chopped for topping
**Skip the flour if you're on paleo or whole 30 diets.
- Making pecan butter & pecan milk
- Place pecans and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3-4 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Open the container lid- Take out half of pecan butter – use what is needed for the recipe and store the rest.
- Add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place veggies in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and roast for about 40-50 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes. Add pecan milk and then gradually stir in the flour, nutritional yeast, and pecan butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir constantly until it thickens and pour over roasted veggies once they are done.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and parsley to serve.