Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by She Likes Food.
For sesame seed butter
- 2 cups (220g) raw sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For sweet potato with tahini maple butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 3 tbsp. sesame seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. butter, vegan or regular
- Fresh thyme leaves or parsley and flaky sea salt, if desired
- For sesame seed butter
- Place sesame seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sliced sweet potatoes into a large baking dish and rub each side with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake sweet potatoes until cooked through and starting to caramelize, 45-50 min, flipping once.
- Add the maple syrup, butter, sesame seed butter and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, until combined and creamy. You can also heat in the microwave.
- When ready to serve, top each sweet potato with desired amount of sesame maple butter and fresh herbs and sea salt. Enjoy!