September 11, 2019
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Fig Walnut Butter
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For fig walnut butter
- 2 cups (210g) raw walnuts
- 8 dried figs, chopped or torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup brown coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
For roasted sweet potatoes
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbps. Balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp. goat cheese crumbles (omit if vegan)
- 2-4 tbsp. fig walnut butter made with the NutraMilk
To make walnut butter:
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Remove butter from the NutraMilk container and place in storage container.
To make roasted sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub potatoes and slice into wedges.
- Toss wedges with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, and bake for 10 minutes, then turn wedges over and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are ready, move wedges to a serving platter. Top with fig walnut butter, sprinkle goat cheese crumbles (optional) and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!