December 17, 2021
Plant-Based Veggie Pinwheels
We love pinwheels! They are so versatile – the perfect finger food that can be an appetizer, a delicious lunch or snack. The options for fillings are endless. For this recipe- we decided on veggies mixed with a creamy cashew mayonnaise made in the NutraMilk that makes all the difference. Enjoy!
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 4 cups broccoli and carrots finely chopped
- 1 cup corn, canned or cooked and cooled
- 4 flour tortillas 8-inch size or rolled puff pastry or other pinwheel pastry
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
For vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- To make almond-based mayonnaise:
- Place almondsand salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add garlic, water, vegetable oil, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Into a medium size mixing bowl, add vegan mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Stir to combine and adjust seasoning, as needed, to taste.
- Fold in the broccoli, carrots, and corn. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Onto a flat work surface, arrange tortillas in an even layer or spread out pinwheel pastry.
- On to each tortilla spoon 1/4 of the mixture or spread the entire filling evenly over pastry. Use the back of your spoon to spread the mixture an even layer, covering the entire tortilla.
- Starting at one end, slowly but tightly roll each tortilla.
- Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator. Allow to chill for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Remove from refrigerator, unwrap, and slice into 1-inch rounds.
- Serve chilled or room temperature. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by This Wife Cooks.