November 10, 2022
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
A must side dish at your holiday table. Mashed sweet potatoes are easy to make and add a deliciously comforting side to your main meal - made with fresh cashew milk created in the NutraMilk which adds the perfect touch of creaminess and sweetness. Make enough as your guests will be going for seconds and it will quickly disappear! Enjoy!
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup cashew milk made with the Nutramilk
- 2 -3 tbsps. butter or choice (optional)*
- fresh thyme (garnish)
*You can choose vegan butter but you can also use a nut butter for extra flavor and creaminess.
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and add enough water to cover by about 1″. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain well, then return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add milk and butter (optional). Continue to mash until you reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or other herb of choice.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.