Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe adapted from Cupcake project.
Check out these sweet & simple peanut butter crackers. It turns out that making crackers is pretty easy to do and can be a fun project to do with kids! You can enjoy these crackers on their own, with cheese, with any nut butter, Nutella, etc. Here are some recipes of dips and spreads we recommend to make these crackers extra delicious!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. unsalted vegan or regular butter, cold
- 2/3 cup of any plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk*
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter:
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Leave 1 ½ cups of peanut butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into the NutraMilk.
- Press ¨Mix¨ to combine.
- Add cold butter a few small pats at a time, and press ¨Mix¨ to combine after each addition.
- Add peanut butter. Press ¨Mix¨ to combine.
- Add plant-based milk of choice a little bit at a time. Press ¨Mix¨ to combine after each addition. Stop adding water when the dough comes together in a ball. You may not need the whole 2/3 cup.
- Roll dough out as thinly as you can. The thinner the dough, the crispier the crackers will be.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into rectangles, or cut it out using any cookie cutters that you like.
- Poke holes in the dough using a fork. Keep in mind that the holes are not just decorative; they help the crackers bake evenly.
- Bake the crackers on a baking sheet for ten minutes or until the crackers just begin to brown.
- Cool and eat!
*You can use regular sugar if you prefer.
*You can use water instead of milk.
*The crackers last for about a week.