April 17, 2020
Grilled Corn with Spicy Vegan Mayo, Cilantro & Lime
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For the Corn:
- 5 ears of corn or as many as you desire
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
Spicy Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tsp sambal oelek chili paste*
- Juice of 1 lime & zest of ½ lime + more lime wedges to serve
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. water
- A handful fresh cilantro chopped
* You can substitute for siracha or other chili sauce.
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup cashew butter in the NutraMilk for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Making the spicy mayo
- Add rest of mayo ingredients along with cashew butter to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until mayo sauce is smooth. Add more water, one tablespoon at a time until you’ve achieved the desired consistency.
- Grilling the corn:
- Drizzle peeled corn with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and a small dash of cayenne pepper.
- Place the ears on a medium-hot grill. Roast them turning occasionally, until toasted, about 12-15 minutes. (If you don't have a BBQ, you can grill the corn in the oven using the "broil" setting. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn).
- To serve:
- Place corn on a plate and drizzle with a generous portion of the spicy mayo. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.