Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini. Recipe inspired by Jessica In The Kitchen.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For corn muffins
- 1 1/4 cups fine-grain cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour mix (NOT baking bix)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (44g unmelted) melted vegan butter
- 3 tbsp. cane sugar or coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- 3 tbps. (69g) maple syrup
- 2 jalapeños, de-seeded and finely diced plus slices for the tops
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. If not using liners, grease lightly with coconut oil or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Let sit for at least 3 minutes to create a vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together slow to incorporate, then a bit quicker to mix together properly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- Add in the diced jalapeños and mix gently.
- Spoon equally throughout the 12 muffin cups.
- Add a thin slice of jalapeño to the top of each and press down gently.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. The muffins are done when they bounce back slightly to touch.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!