December 17, 2021
A delicious vegan substitute to deviled eggs. This savory cashew sauce is creamy, rich and flavorful – perfect over potatoes for a great, easy-to-make appetizer.
Check out all the healthy nutrients that cashew butter made with the NutraMilk provides.
- 8 - 9 yellow small potatoes
- 1/3 cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ¼ tsp. finely ground black salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼-1/3 cup water
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Paprika, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped, to taste
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside 1/3 cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water. Turn heat to maximum and bring potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the largest potato is just tender. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Slice cooled potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a small melon baller or something similar to scoop out a round of the flesh, creating a hollow for the filling. Don’t worry if some of the hollowed potatoes break or look messy, you’ll only need 12 of the best looking ones. Reserve all of the “potato balls” and set them aside for the filling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk to make the cashew sauce. Process until you get creamy consistency. Add water a few tablespoons at at time to reach desired consistency. Add potato flesh for a thicker consistency (optional).
- Use 12 of the best looking hollowed out potatoes and fill them with cashew sauce.
- Garnish deviled potatoes with paprika and fresh chives. Chill before serving. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by I Love Vegan.