July 15, 2021
Creamy Herb Pea Salad
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This great side salad is creamy and full of flavor. The key ingredient is a plant-based mayo dressing made with a cashew butter base in the NutraMilk. It´s super quick to make, it´s gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and paleo friendly. Enjoy!
Check out all the healthy nutrients that cashews offer here.
For pea salad
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen green peas or canned or fresh peas
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces cubed cheddar cheese, vegan (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tbsp. fresh dill chopped
For mayo dressing
- 3 tbsp. cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ -¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard or other mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Place all plant-based mayo dressing ingredients in the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until well-combined. Start by adding a little bit of water and see how the consistency turns out.
- Add peas, cheese, onion, parsley and dill to a salad bowl along with desired amount of mayo dressing and gently toss together. Enjoy!