March 25, 2022
Cinnamon Raisin Pecan Artisan Bread
A delicious easy to make bread with fall flavors, it´s great for breakfast or a snack with your favorite nut or seed butter made in the NutraMilk. Enjoy!
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour - OR bread flour
- 1 3/4 tsp coarse kosher sea salt
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup +2 tbsp. pecan milk made in the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup raisins - fresh is best
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans - coarsely chopped
For pecan milk
- 1 cup (110g) pecans
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For pecan Milk
- Start by making fresh pecan milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place pecans in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with pecan milk.
- Whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon and yeast in a medium bowl. While stirring with a wooded spoon, gradually add the water, stir until incorporated. Toss in the raisins and pecans, mix the dough gently and form into a rough ball.
- Transfer to a large clean (ungreased) bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a draft-free area at room temperature until surface of dough is covered with tiny bubbles and the dough has more than doubled in size (This usually takes about 18 hours or so, however, it still turns out great with just 12 hours of rise time).
- When the dough is ready, place a Dutch oven into the oven and turn it on to 450 degrees. Allow it to heat in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the dough to a large square of parchment paper (big enough to cover the bottom of your Dutch oven). Lightly dust dough with flour, cover it with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 30 minutes. Using a sharp knife, at a 90 degree angle, score an X in the top of the loaf. Each score mark should be about 3 1/2 inches long and about ¼" deep. Using a mister, spray bottle, clean toothbrush or pastry brush, lightly mist (or brush) the top of the bread with water.
- Carefully remove Dutch oven from the oven. Place the shaped dough into it, cover and return to the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the top is nice and dark (but not burnt). Remove from the oven and transfer the loaf bread to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing to prevent a gummy crumb.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Life Made Simple.