Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Liz Moody.
For peanut butter
- 1 cup of raw peanuts
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil + more for bread
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. fresh peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup pure maple syrup for pecans
- ¼ tsp. fine grain sea salt + more for cranberries
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup for cranberries
- 10 slices of sourdough bread
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid and take out peanut butter.
- Caramelize the onions.
- Place pumpkin puree in the NutraMilk container (no need to wash after making peanut butter) with the caramelized onion and 3 tbsp. of peanut butter and mix for 1 minute or less, until all is well combined.
- In a medium skillet, heat the pecans on low until they begin to darken slightly and smell nutty and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Turn heat up to medium-high and add ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, and the ground black pepper. Spread in an even layer over skillet and cook for 3 more minutes as the maple syrup simmers and bubbles (this is it turning into a crispy candy!).
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined plate, spreading in an even layer to cool.
- Add cranberries to the pecan pan (no need to rinse!). Add the water and the remaining ¼ cup of maple syrup, plus a pinch of fine grain sea salt. Cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the berries pop and the liquid mostly evaporates (the texture should be like a loose jam or jelly).
- Wipe out the large skillet and drizzle with avocado oil. Warm until hot on medium-high. Add the bread in a single layer; cook until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat with all remaining bread.
- To assemble, break the pecans up into small pieces. Spread a generous layer of the pumpkin puree mixture on each slice of bread. Top with a few dollops of the cranberry sauce, and a sprinkle with the pecans. Enjoy!