Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Lemon Pepper Cashew Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- juice of large lemon (about 4 tbsp.), plus zest for more flavor
- 4-5 tbsp. water, depending on how thick you want dressing
- ½ tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts, shredded
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pear, sliced
- ½ cup pecans, candied*
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Cut the ends off the brussels sprouts, then cut them in half lengthwise. Thinly slice each brussels sprout crosswise to cut into shreds.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook shredded brussel sprouts in one tablespoon of olive oil, about 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Make your dressing: combine cashews, lemon juice, zest if using, water, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper in the NutraMilk container and process until creamy (approximately 3-4 minutes on Butter Cycle), adding more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Toss cooked brussel sprouts with dressing, add pomegranate arils and candied pecans. You can serve warm or cold, enjoy!
*To make candied walnuts: turn oven to 325ºF and line rimmed baking sheet. Toss together 1/2 cup pecans with 1 tbsp. maple syrup, sprinkle with cinnamon and a little salt. Spread in even layer and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.