Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Big Oven.
This is an alternative to the traditional cabbage slaw salad.
This colorful salad is tangy and sweet, suitable for every season. Primarily made with beets which are loaded with healthy nutrients including fiber, folate, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C. Beets have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance. And the creamy pistachio-based dressing is an excellent source of vitamin E, Vitamin B6, carotenoids, copper and much more. Enjoy this delicious healthy slaw!
For beet slaw & dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (omit for a ket diet)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 red beets
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped into large pieces
- 3 tbsp. mint, chopped into large pieces
- 3 tbsp. pistachio butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pistachios, chopped (optional) to garnish
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making pistachio butter.
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a medium bowl, add pistachio butter, water, vinegar and salt and whisk until well combined
- Add olive oil until you get the texture and thickness you want
For the slaw
- Combine garlic, vinegar and raisins into bowl and let soak for 1 hour.
- Grate the beets in the largest hold of a box grater or julienne in a mandolin.
- Remove garlic from raisins and discard.
- Line the bottom of a serving bowl with pistachio butter.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and add salt, better and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Top pistachio butter with slaw mixture.