Almond Pesto Brussel Sprouts
These Almond Pesto Sprouts are inspired by Deliciously Ella´s recipe.
Cooking: 25 Minutes
Total: 35 Minutes
For the sprouts
- 600g Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the almond pesto
- 5 cups (225g) of almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 cups (50g) of fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A splash of water
- A handful of roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and dry your Brussel sprouts. Place them in a baking tray with a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Give it all a really good mix and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- While your Brussel sprouts are cooking in the oven make your pesto in the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container, press butter cycle, set and run for 5 minutes. Run for a few additional minutes if you prefer a creamier consistency.
- Open container lid and add remaining ingredients for pesto.
- Press butter cycle, set for 1 minute and run for 30 seconds.
- Open container lid, add a little water to obtain the consistency you like, replace lid and set butter cycle for 1 minute, and run for 20 seconds.
- Once your Brussel sprouts are cooked, remove from the oven and mix through your pesto. Sprinkle with a handful of roasted almonds and enjoy.