Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Earth of Maria.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For veggie chips
- 2 medium (400g) sweet potatoes
- 2 medium (200g) carrots, peeled
- 1 medium (200g) zucchini
- 3 tbsp almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- First, make almond butter if you don´t already have a batch made.
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes, carrots and zucchini into thin disks, about 1/16th-1/8th inch in thickness.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter and maple syrup. Add the vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Season with the paprika and salt, tossing once more.
- Arrange the vegetables on a non-stick baking sheet or baking paper in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes - 1 hour, rotating the tray every 8-10 minutes. Flip the chips halfway through. Keep an eye on them, particularly after the 40-minute mark. If any of the chips start to crisp up before the others, remove them from the oven.
- When the chips are golden and crispy around the edges, allow them to cool for a minute and serve on their own of any dipping sauce. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.