April 15, 2023
Savory Sunflower Butter Dog Treats
Check out this recipe for some tasty savory dog treats! Made with real fresh and healthy ingredients your dog will love!
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¾ cup plant-based milk of choice made with the NutraMilk
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup shredded carrot
- 1½ cups flour of choice (I used a gluten-free mix)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
For Sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making sunflower butter
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter. For Sunflower butter
- Heat your oven to 325 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a second bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and oatmeal.
- Add all ingredients to the NutraMilk and process until a tacky dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a nonstick baking sheet or use line baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the biscuits over and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool and treat your dog!