February 10, 2021
Easy Homemade Dog Treats
Recipe inspired by Weelicious.
Homemade dog or pet treats are pretty simple to make and a great way to show them some love. Made quickly with just a few natural ingredients, including fresh peanut butter made in the NutraMilk, which is a hit with our pet friends!
For dog treats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butternut squash, pureed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in the NutraMilk and process until you get a fine powder (oat flour).
- Add the butternut squash, peanut butter, cinnamon to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨to combine.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out with a bone shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the treats on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until dry and hard. Allow to cool and give to your favorite furry friend.