June 30, 2021
Peanut Butter Sliceable Nice Cream
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For all the peanut butter lovers- This is the perfect dessert!
This nice cream is sliceable, topped with a chocolate ganache and has the best creamy, rich peanut butter texture and flavor thanks to our fresh peanut butter made in the NutraMilk. This recipe is vegan, paleo and keto-friendly. Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of peanuts here.
For peanut butter ice cream
- 3/4 cup (225 g) peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup, room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons (90 mL) full fat coconut cream, room temperature
For chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup (90 g) non-dairy chocolate chips or bar, chopped*
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line a small (approximately 4x8-inch) loaf pan or 6-inch cake pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper so the slab will be easy to lift out after freezing.
- Add all of the filling ingredients (peanut butter, maple syrup, melted oil, coconut milk,) into a the NutraMilk. Process until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Place the pan on a flat spot in the freezer and freeze for 4 to 5 hours, until the filling is solid. There’s no need to cover it unless you plan on keeping it in the freezer longer than 8 hours.
- When the filling is solid, prepare the ganache topping. In a medium pot, combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil. Melt the chips over the lowest heat setting, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove the filling from the freezer and, gripping the plastic wrap as a handle, lift it out of the pan. Flip the filling onto a large plate and peel off the plastic wrap or take out parchment paper.
- Pour the ganache over top of the solid filling, starting in the centre, and allow it to cascade down the sides a bit. Return it to the freezer, uncovered, and freeze for about 10 minutes, until the ganache is firm.
- Slice and garnish with chopped peanuts, chocolate or cacao nibs if you wish- Enjoy immediately. Return leftovers to the freezer right away as the dessert does soften as it sits.
Recipe inspired by Oh She Glows.
Notes: *For keto diet- choose a keto approved sweetener such as monk fruit syrup and a dark keto approved chocolate.