March 22, 2020
Flaxseed Gel For Hair And Face Beauty
When you make flaxseed milk with the NutraMilk, the gel created from the seeds is purposely left out of the milk as it changes the texture. But, we definitely don’t want to throw it away. This nourishing gel is amazing for your hair and face. Flaxseeds are loaded with healthy nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin E and omega 3´s. Thanks to it´s nourishing properties some claim that the gel can nourish hair and scalp, reduce brittleness and boost hair growth. Many use it to naturally enhance and define curls.
What else can you do with this gel?
Face masks! Apparently, it can help reduce acne, improve skin tone, prevent wrinkles and more. You can mix the gel with a variety of ingredients such as honey and lemon or matcha, or an oil such as almond oil or argan oil. Use the ingredients you have at home to make a healthy nourishing beauty concoction!
Remember: The key ingredient here is the flaxseed gel! You can just use that!
You can add your favorite essential oil for a quick and simple hair gel. Take a look:
For flaxseed milk
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- 4-5 cups water
For hair gel
- Flaxseed gel – leftover from making flaxseed milk with the NutraMilk.
- 2-4 drops of your favorite essential oil
*Take a look at the instructions to make Flaxseed Milk. There are 2 ways to make it and therefore you can extract the gel at 2 different parts of the process depending on which way you decide to go. Take a look here at full recipe here.
- Start by soaking the flaxseeds (1/2 cup) in fresh water overnight.
- Sieve the soaked flaxseeds to remove the flaxseed gel. This is gel you are going to use for your hair or face.
- Simply use the gel on its own or add a few drops of essential oil.
- Continue to making milk by rinsing flaxseeds and placing them in the NutraMilk.
- How to use hair gel:
- If you are using it for curl definition: use after washing hair, apply gel to wet hair and run your fingers through it or comb your hair with gel.
- If you are using as hair treatment. Massage gel into scalp and work it through your hair. Wrap hair towel and wait about 30 minutes before rinsing and washing hair.