February 05, 2019
Walnut Almond Raisin Milk
This recipe offers the best of both worlds - Almonds provide the most vitamin E than any other nut and are a rich source of magnesium and potassium while walnuts have the highest amount of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids (ALA) as well as more antioxidants than any other nut. Raisins add just the perfect amount of sweet flavor to this combination and also provide vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
This plant-based milk is an especially excellent source of magnesium and potassium and a good source of non-heme iron, zinc, and some B-complex vitamins. This nutrient- and energy-dense beverage will keep you satisfied between meals thanks to the good amount of heart-healthy fats and protein it contains. Plus, get all the cardio-protective, disease-preventative, and health promoting benefits from the nutrition of these nuts!
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (79 g)
- 1/4 cup almonds (38 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 1/3 cup raisins (45 g)
- 1½ Tablespoon maple syrup
- Place walnuts, almonds, raisins, and maple syrup in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3-4 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera