April 17, 2020
Vegan Mexican Horchata
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!! We are celebrating with this refreshing vegan Horchata.
This popular Mexican drink is made from soaked rice and it´s super easy to make. We have combined it with our fresh almond milk for a creamy, flavorful and refreshing beverage. No need for straining the rice or almonds as the NutraMilk does it all for you. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Add the rice, one cinnamon stick and one-liter water into a large bowl and leave it on your countertop overnight.
- The next morning, pour the mixture into the NutraMilk and press Mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and Press ¨Mix¨ for about a minute until everything is well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Dispense your vegan Horchata into a glass bottle and store it in your fridge for up to one day until you serve it.
Recipe inspired by Aline Made.