This combination of ingredients makes this a truly anti-inflammatory elixir!
Brazil nuts are very rich in selenium &;amp; contain ellagic acid which are both known for combating inflammation in the body. Add ginger &; turmeric which are also well known for their anti-inflammatory properties and you can begin to understand Hippocrates' famous quote, "Let food be thy medicine & medicine be thy food".
Selenium is also a key component necessary for thyroid function. Brazil nuts are so rich in this mineral that only one kernel provides 100% of daily recommendation and too much of it can cause toxicity. We recommend using this milk to add flavor and nutrition to your tea or mix in to another beverage.
This plant-based milk is a good source of micronutrients, including:
- Ellagic acid
- Gingerol (ginger's anti-inflammatory compound)
- Vitamin C
Associated health benefits include:
- Fights inflammation
- Combats cancer
- Positively affects mood
- Improves heart health
- Controls thyroid health
- Helps digestion
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup Brazil nuts (135 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 1 cup fresh mango (165 g)
- 1½ Tablespoon diced fresh turmeric root
- 1½ Tablespoon diced fresh ginger root
- 1½ Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1½ Tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 medium to large pitted Medjool dates
- Place all ingredients except the water in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 1-2 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera