February 08, 2019
Sweetened Sesame Milk
Have you tried sesame seed milk? You'll love the creamy smooth texture of this milk!
Sesame seeds are a rich source of plant-based calcium. One glass of this recipe provides 40% of the Daily Value. That´s almost double the amount that´s in cow´s milk! Also an excellent source of non-heme iron (33% DV), zinc (21% DV) and a good source of many other vital vitamins and minerals. Sesame seeds contain phytosterols, lignans, heart-healthy oleic fatty acids plus unique substances such as Sesamin & Sesamolin. They have been associated with heart, bone, skin and oral health as well as promoting sleep, mood and providing protection from liver oxidative damage and certain types of cancers!
Seeds are a nutrient dense food so just by adding a little bit to your diet they can contribute to a wide range of potential health benefits. This alternative milk is a good source of macro and micronutrients, including:
- Heart- healthy fatty acids
- B-complex vitamins
Sweetened Sesame Seed Milk Recipe
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1½ cup sesame seeds (165 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Place sesame seeds and honey in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 4 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera