Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
One of my favorite salads for the warmer months- Its a perfect side salad for barbecues, picnics or really any day. Made with a creamy and delicious all-plant based mayonnaise using our nourishing almond butter made in the NutraMilk. Try it out!
For other vegan mayo recipes, click here.
For more information on the nourishing properties of almonds, click here.
For potato salad
- 4 large potatoes of choice, chopped into cubes
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 radishes, finely sliced
For plant-based mayo
- 3 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- ¼ -¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard or other mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Maple syrup (optional)
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out 3 tbsp. and set aside for recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add the chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Don't overcook the potatoes - they should be tender but not mushy.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. Set aside and let cool.
- Place all plant-based mayo dressing ingredients in the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until well-combined. Start by adding a little bit of water and see how the consistency turns out.
- Once potatoes are cool- place in a salad bowl and mix in the dressing- toss until well coated. Add sliced radishes and scallions. Enjoy!