Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by American Pecans.
Pecans are nutritional powerhouses! They are packed with multiple health-promoting nutrients and bioactive compounds. This recipe has pecans all over it. We made a vanilla cinnamon pecan milk to soak the overnight oats and a pecan butter to add a delicious creamy layer to this nutritious breakfast, snack or dessert! Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw pecans for milk & butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 shot of expresso or 1 cup of brewed coffee (optional)
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 6 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- small handful of pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the pecans out evenly on a parchment-lined pan and toast for 15 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- For roasted pecan butter
- Place pecans and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 4-5 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 4-5 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out half of pecan butter and set aside (you will use 1-2 tbsp. in the overnight oats-store the rest for later use).
- For coffee pecan milk
- Open the container lid, add water, 2 tbsp. coconut sugar, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- If you want to use coffee- mix expresso or brewed coffee into 2 cups of pecan milk.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and chia seeds. Pour about 2 -3 cups of pecan milk (or mix of coffee & pecan milk) over oats and chia; stir.
- Roughly chop the remaining whole toasted pecans and add to a small bowl 2ith 1 tablespoons coconut sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and avocado oil. Stir to create a crumble topping.
- Store overnight oats mixture in the refrigerator separately from crumble topping. When ready to serve- Fill glass half way with overnight oats, add a layer of pecan butter (1tbsp), fill the rest of the glass with overnight oats, top the overnight oats generously with the crumble. Overnight oats will be ready after 1 hour, or when chia seeds have become gelatinous, and will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.