February 14, 2020
How-to: DIY Homemade Coconut Milk by Alphafoodie
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
This is a super simple how-to for delicious homemade coconut milk, a great dairy-free option using 100% fresh coconut!
*Servings 2-3 cups
- 1 coconut – flesh
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 vanilla bean for vanilla flavor (Optional)
- Make 2 or 3 holes and pour out the coconut water.
- To crack it open, simply bash it along the middle line/equator) a few times with a hammer - this will allow you to split the coconut in 2.
- Collect the flesh. I used a special coconut tool to do this, however you can also just use a knife.
- Blend the coconut flesh with the 3 cups of water in the nutramilk processor. Optional here is to add vanilla for flavour.
- Press dispense, press start, and open the spigot to pour into a glass container.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
- when you place it the fridge, it's possible to see the water separate. that's completely normal as there are no preservatives or emulsifiers. Just shake well before you use it.
See full recipe and more tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/diy-homemade-coconut-milk/