Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
A simple homemade flaxseed milk recipe, with only two ingredients!
*Servings 4 cups
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed/linseed
- 4.5 cups filtered water
- Start by soaking the flaxseeds in fresh water overnight (It is possible to use dry seeds instead of soaking them. You can then blend them directly with the water. However, keep in mind that after you blend them, you will have to remove the flaxseed gel. To do this, let the milk rest for 3-60 minutes, then scoop out the slimy layer that has formed on the surface of the milk).
- Sieve the soaked flaxseeds to remove the flaxseed gel (Note: the flaxseed gel can be used in baking as a replacement for egg (e.g. in meringues) or as a face mask).
- Rinse the flaxseeds well.
- Add the flaxseed to the Nutramilk processor. Pour in the water and blend for a moment (ideally 10-20 seconds), or keep on blending for a few minutes until the seeds have broken down.
- Pour the milk through a sieve to collect all the pulp.
- The flaxseed milk is ready. Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for 3-5 days.
See full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/homemade-flaxseed-milk-recipe-2-ingredients