January 06, 2020
Golden Saffron Latte
Recipe by Elise Museles from Kale and Chocolate.
Move over turmeric, there’s a NEW cozy drink in town! Say hello to the GOLDEN SAFFRON LATTE!! With all the emerging research on what this powerful healing spice can do for mood and anxiety, it’s time to start infusing your food (and drinks!) with these tiny magical threads. Just the color alone can add sunshine to your day!
- 12 ounces plant-based milk made in The NutraMilk
- 10 to 12 threads saffron
- 1 date (or sweetener of choice)
- dash of cinnamon (good for blood sugar!)
- splash of vanilla
- Simmer milk with saffron threads for 7 or 8 minutes to infuse the flavor and nutrients.
- Remove from heat and add the warm mixture, date, splash of vanilla, and mix in The NutraMilk.
- Do not strain. Pour into a mug then sprinkle with cinnamon. Wrap your hands around it and feel good all day!