Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Try our cardamom cashew butter marinade –it has a sweet nutty flavor and adds loads of healthy nutrients to anything you want to marinade. We have featured it with grilled tofu but it can be used on many other foods (veggies, meats, etc.). Enjoy!
Check out the health benefits of cashews here.
For tofu skewers
- Firm tofu
- Skewer sticks
For cardamom cashew butter marinade
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
Dip Sauce (extra-optional)
- 2 tbsp. almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
To make marinade sauce:
- Start by making cashew butter
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add water to get a thinner consistency or more cashew butter for a thicker/richer consistency.
- Cut tofu in thick squares and place in zip lock bag with sauce to marinade for 4-6 hours.
- Take out tofu and tofu on wooden skewers.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (you can skip this step and go straight to the grill if you´d like)
- Preheat grill and coat with oil. Grill tofu skewers a few minutes on each side, until they have grill marks on them.
- To make an extra dip sauce which is totally optional – simply whisk ingredients together until smooth- add water for a thinner consistency. Enjoy!