August 03, 2022
Toasted Almond Butter & Honeydew Melon Sandwich
This is as simple as it gets, yet a bit different than your traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Roasting almonds, releases the healthy oils which contribute to a particularly delicious flavor, then you process them in the NutraMilk for a quick, creamy and delicious butter. Instead of using jam, we chose fresh fruit which is a much healthier alternative, lower in sugar and full of vitamins and antioxidants. When in season, honeydew melon is especially sweet and goes perfectly with roasted almond butter on toasted bread. Enjoy!
(amount of honeydew melon will depend on how many sandwiches you want to make)
- bread of choice (gluten-free option)
- honeydew melon, sliced
- roasted almond butter made with the NutraMilk
For roasted almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) roasted almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by roasting almonds in oven at 325 F between 5-15 minutes.
- Making roasted almond butter
- Place roasted almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7-8 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Assemble sandwich: toast bread, spread a generous amount of roasted almond butter on each slice of bread and add honeydew melon. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.