August 03, 2022
Super Greens Sandwich
Vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber, folate, vitamin K, magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium are some of the essential nutrients that greens provide to maintain good health.
This sandwich has it all - plus a green spread made with sunflower butter that provides many healthy nutrients such as vitamin B-complex, vitamin E and loads of minerals.
It´s not just healthy, its also delicious thanks to this tasty spread made in the NutraMilk that helps all the greens blend together.
For spinach spread (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups packed fresh spinach
- ¼ cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. sunflower butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ⅛ tsp. cumin
- ⅛ tsp. smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For sandwich (amounts depend on how many sandwiches you want to make)
- bread of choice (gluten-free option)
- avocado, thinly sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- sprouts of choice
- baby spinach or arugula
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- basil leaves
- spinach spread made with the NutraMilk
For sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making sunflower butter for the spinach spread
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter. For Sunflower butter.
- Store in airtight container.
- Place all spread ingredients in the NutraMilk (no need to wash Nutramilk after making sunflower butter) and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, add more water if spread is too thick. Chill until ready to use.
- Assemble sandwiches: Use about 1 tbsp. of spinach spread on each slice of bread and add rest of ingredients in the order you desired. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.