March 10, 2022
Spring Tabouli or quinoa asparagus salad makes a perfect meal for when weather is starting to warm up. Filled with green veggies, nutritious quinoa and a delicious homemade almond butter based dressing- it´s creamy, refreshing, satisfying and super tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Pinch salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups shelled fresh English peas (or substitute shelled edamame, radishes, cucumber, snow peas or even spring greens. Canned work as well.
- 3 green onions– thinly sliced at a diagonal
- ½ cup Italian parsley or fresh dill
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted ( optional, or sub other nut or seed)
- ½ cup raw almonds or ¼ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- Sunflower sprouts
- Feta cheese
- Homemade pesto:
- Start by making dressing in the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add garlic, water, vegetable oil, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a pot with the water and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat, and allow it to simmer on low heat for 12-15 minutes. Turn off heat, and let sit covered for 5 -10 minutes, then uncover, fluff with a fork and let it cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, blanch the peas and asparagus in salted boiling wáter (if fresh) for just a few minutes, until bright and tender. Rinse under cold water.
- Place the cooled quinoa and blanched veggies in a bowl. Add the scallions, dill and almonds and give a toss. Add dressing and toss until all is well coated.
- Taste, adjust salt and lemon, adding more if you like.
- Serve with optional avocado, feta, goat cheese, sunflower sprouts and/or pesto.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Feasting at Home.