October 07, 2022
Spinach Pasta Sauce
Instead of picking up green spinach pasta at the store, easily make it fresh. The nutrients from fresh spinach are much much higher than in the dried pasta. Not to mention this creamy sauce is delicious!
- pasta of choice (you can choose gluten-free pasta if you like)
- 3 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 cup plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3-1/· tsp. Salt
- black pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Set aside 1 cup for this recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add all sauce ingredients to the NutraMilk and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens. Then simply toss in your pasta of choice that you previously cooked. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by ElaVegan.