August 16, 2022
Pumpkin Seed Butter & Jelly Sandwich
A slight twist to the classic PB & Jelly sandwich.
We love pumpkin seed butter - it has a subtle, slightly sweet taste and blends great with anything sweet. Also very nutritious, particularly rich in zinc and antioxidants which promote many health benefits. Check out all health benefits here.
If you can get kids to enjoy this seed butter with it´s lovely green color, they can start to see that many greens are not only healthy but yummy aswell!
- Sandwich bread of choice (gluten-free option)
- Pumpkin seed nut butter
- Favorite jelly of choice
*Amounts will depend on how many sandwiches you make. Use bout 1 tbsp. of seed butter and 1 tbsp. or a bit more of jelly per sandwich.
For pumpkin seed butter
- 2 cups (236g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making pumpkin butter
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10-11 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add olive oil and any other seasoning you´d like.
- Press Mix cycle (Do not change default time) and start.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Store in airtight container.
- Assemble sandwich: place 1tbsp. of pumpkin seed butter on one slice and jelly on the other. Close sandwich and slice in half.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.