February 16, 2023
Paella can seem a bit daunting but you can easily make it with with out a special paella pan or ingredients. The most important is the right type of rice, ideally Bomba rice but Arborio rice works just as well, and we´ve added our personal touch by using almond milk to cook the paella in, which turns out extra creamy with a hint of a deliciously nutty flavor. This meal is easy to make -perfect for a big family meal or to impress your guests without much effort;). Enjoy!
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 cloves of garlic, pureed
- 1/2 green pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely sliced
- 400 g hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 cups bomba paella rice, or Arborio rice
- 3 cups almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 -2 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- a pinch of saffron (you can sub for turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- handful mixed olives, to decorate
- handful fresh parsley, chopped to decorate
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges to serve
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk, if you don´t have a batch made.
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a paella pan or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Next, add the onion, celery, garlic, chili flakes, peppers and paprika and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the rice, hearts of palm, saffron, almond milk and vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil and then place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked and crisping on top.
- Top with parsley and lime wedges, to finish (optional). Enjoy!