March 09, 2023
Plant-Based "Lobster" Rolls
I tried this recipe and love it for a quick and easy to make meal with lots of flavor. These rolls are nutritionally quite different than an actually lobster roll, but this plant-based version looks and has a similar texture and is delicious. Made with fresh vegan mayonnaise created in the NutraMilk, hearts of palm instead of lobster and spices. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 3 hearts of palm
- 3 tbsp. plain vegan mayo
- Sriracha to taste (depending on how spicy you like it), we used 1 teaspoon.
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill
- ½ tbsp. capers, well drained (or to taste)
- 2 whole wheat hot dog buns (gluten-free if you like)
For vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
*Check out 2 other recipes to make vegan mayonnaise with the NutraMilk.
- Start by making mayonnaise and set aside:
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add garlic, water, vegetable oil , and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sweet paprika and Old Bay on a medium plate/bowl.
- Roll each heart of palm on the spice mix until completely coated.
- Cut each heart of palm into ½ inch pieces (you'll get about 5 pieces per heart if you find large hearts) and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the vegan mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, dill and capers. Add the hearts of palm and mix gently.
- Fill each roll with the mixture right before serving.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.Recipe inspired by May I Have That Recipe.