January 27, 2023
Penne Pasta with Creamy Roasted Beet Sauce
Check out this deliciously creamy beet pasta, makes a perfect lunch or dinner for your sweetheart on Valentines!
This pretty pink yummy sauce is made with cashew butter made in the NutraMilk, which is loaded with fiber, antioxidants, zinc and various other vitamins and minerals; plus beets are also rich in special antioxidants, fiber, folate, nitrates and other nutrients making it particularly healthy for the heart!
- 3 medium roasted beets, peeled, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces penne pasta - gluten free, if desired
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- walnuts, crushes (topping)
- thyme (topping)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wrap beets in foil and roast for 40 minutes. Check for doneness at the 30-minute mark.
- While beets are roasting: Place cashews in the NutraMilk container. Process for 6 minutes or until you get a cashew butter consistency.
- Add beets (roasted & cooled), garlic, water, vegetable oil, and lemon juice to the NutraMilk and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 8 ounces of pasta according to package directions.
- Mix the red beet sauce with the pasta. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.